Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fun Weekend

I'm soooo tired right now but it has been a fun weekend :) Friday night was Halloween but I didn't really do anything special. I went to Sadie's sisters' apartment with Sadie, Linsey, Hailey (Linsey's roomate) and Ashlyn (friend from Connecticut); we made spaghetti and watched "Top Gun" which I'd never seen-pretty decent movie.  Saturday involved sleeping in till about 10:30 (way later than I wanted to) and then getting lots of schoolwork done till about 7 or 8:00 when Linsey, Hailey, and two guys from the first floor- Drew (a Teaching Fellow) and his roomate Evan all came to hang out with Sadie and I in our room.  It was fun stuff watching youtube videos, and 2 chick flicks on Oxygen-"What a Girl Wants" and some dance movie that was a little corny but good.  You know Evan and Drew were just loving "What a Girl Wants" :)  I then passed out around 2AM; we were all pumped that we got to turn the clocks back so we figured we'd take advantage of the extra hour of sleep and go to bed late. Another exciting event of the day was a call I got from my best friend Cathy telling me she got engaged!!! I am so thrilled and excited about it, and I'm also stoked about being the Maid of Honor :)  
Today, I went to church in the morning, came back to UNCG, ate lunch, and then cleaned the dorm room up sparkling clean.  Sadie got a small group of us together around 4:00 to go play a bunch of sports.  We played volleyball, football, and basketball for several hours; we felt like it was field day in middle school.  It was a good to get some energy out, and we decided we are going to do it more often. I got some work done after we came back from "field day" before talking to Meg and Steve for about an hour on speaker phone tonight with Sadie and it was hilarious to say the least.  I was dying of laughter so many times....good stuff :) I'm going to need to get my beauty sleep so I can prep. for my crazy insane week coming up.  Hope everyone had a safe and happy halloween! 

No comments: