Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Little Excitement is Always Good....

Well, since I last posted, we have a new President elect-Barack Obama.  Congrats to him and I am very curious as to where our country will be headed with him at the helm.  
This week was a very busy one so when Friday rolled around, I was thrilled.  I went to see the play "Holiday" on Friday night and it was pretty good.  It reminded me alot of "The Great Gatsby"; I think, however, I would have enjoyed it more had I been more awake because it lasted for 3 hours.  Today, my dad drove in from West Virginia for a visit.  We got some lunch, I showed him my luxurious dorm room, we went to see a trumpet recital so I could get credit for my Music App. class, we went to the mall where I got a sweet pair of New Balance shoes so I can keep my feet warm, and then we went out to dinner with Sadie.  I had a very fun day but the most interesting part of the day came at dinner.  We had just ordered our food, when the manager came up to us inquiring if either of us owned the car that Sadie has; he informed us that a gentleman had hit it while backing out and had come to find the owner to exchange insurance information (what an honest guy).  The poor man had never been in an accident in his life nor had he ever even received a ticket, so Sadie decided to call her sisters and get them to come see the car and help them figure out what the best thing to do was.  While waiting, we found out that the man was from Georgia and that he was in Greensboro for a dog show at the Greensboro Coliseum.  His wife has been showing pugs for the past 30 years!  Sadie's sisters finally showed up and decided to call the police and file a report over the phone, but when Micah got one the phone with them, they basically said they didn't care....if the damage wasn't more than 1,000 dollars then they weren't going to send an officer out to watch Sadie and the man exchange insurance information.  SO, they simply exchanged insurance information and Sadie finally came back into eat about 20 minutes after the food was brought out.  The food was really good though!  It's always good to have a little excitement in the day.....
Tomorrow, I am going to church in the morning and then I will be doing work the rest of the day-yay!  

No comments: