Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God's Voice...amazing

Had another one of those moments today where God was like "Katie, you are getting worried and stressed about too many things and you need to come sit at my feet." Then, tonight I read in Matthew the story of Jesus paying a visit to Mary and Martha where Martha is busy running around and serving, while Mary is sitting at Jesus' feet. Jesus has to remind Martha when she gets all riled up that her sister isn't helping, that Mary is doing what is more important-spending time with Him. So, that was a nudge I got from God today (felt more like a shove...)
BCM was awesome tonight; Our speaker was Jason who was the former college pastor at Daystar. He continued the series on Joseph by talking about Joseph's run-in with Potipher's wife. Jason really drove home the importance of maintaining our sexual purity not only now but also during marriage. It was a thought-provoking message and he pushed us to glorify God in this area and get rid of those thing in our life that are causing us to stumble (such as what we watch on tv, the music we listen to, and the internet).
Today has really just been eye-opening and even though I have SO much to do this week and the next couple of weeks, I don't feel as stressed out as I did earlier today. God MUST be a priority and after that, He will provide the time and strength I need....Here are the verses from Matthew I talked about earlier:
"Now as they went on their, way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is neccesary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her." Matthew 10:38-42

No comments: