Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day '08

It was a rainy election day here in Greensboro :) I was able to get out and vote around 4:30 and there was no line or anything! I was pretty excited that I didn't have to wait and I was even more excited to be a first-time voter. Showing off my sweet sticker:
"I voted...Presidential Election"

2008

Besides voting, today has been pretty dull. Just doing lots of schoolwork and prepping for my presentation on Thursday. I attended BCM (Baptist Campus Ministries) for the first time tonight and I really enjoyed it. Compared to Intervarsity, I think I might like it better. It's smaller so I feel like I can get to know more people; rather than bring in speakers who speak on random topics (lately they have been talking about the same thing over and over again so it has been kind of redundant), BCM has different speakers that speak on a series; so right now they are focusing on the life and journey of Joseph with a different speaker presenting different aspects of that story each week. I also feel like BCM does more outside trips and retreats than Intervarsity. So, I will definitely be going back to BCM and not sure about Intervarsity yet. Enjoy watching the election results tonight and by tomorrow (hopefully) we will know who the next leader of our country will be.....God is my king, and He is in control.

No comments: