Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

I've had a very ADD weekend not wanting to do work :) it's not a good thing when you have alot to get done! I went to a violin and piano recital on Friday night that was very good but it was so relaxing that I was nodding off more than once.
Saturday, I went shopping with a group from Daystar to shop for Operation Christmas Child; I absolutely love making these shoeboxes-this year I made one for a 10-14 year old girl; I packed the box full of school supplies, hair accessories, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flashcards, glowsticks, a coloring kit, candy, and a nice soft pillow. It was amazing to see all the shoeboxes stacked in front of the church this morning-there were definitely over 100.
Saturday night I went to see the play "Revenger's Tragedy" for my honors proseminar class, which was horrendous; the acting was not bad but the content was terrible-cuss words flying left and right and way too much violence and sexual references. There were times I couldn't even watch and I just put my head down! I was more than happy to leave when it was over....
At Daystar, we are in a series entitled "Picture This"; this week we talked about picturing Daystar as a church that was wildly generous. God is such a generous God and we need to be giving back to him through our tithes and offerings; we also need to be reaching out to our community and leave behind the materialistic mindset our nation is sitting in. It was a convicting, though-provoking message.
This week is another crazy one, but it brings me ever closer to Thanksgiving break!!

No comments: