Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wrap up of the week

Yay! Tom. is Friday :) Alot has been going on this week and last week so I'm trying to think of the major things to blog about.
All of my classes are great (except for one I am still waiting on a textbook for), and the most noticeable change from last semester is my Spanish professor-I enjoy her about ten times more than the one I had last semester and I feel like I am going to do well.  My schedule is also switched up a little from last semester-I still have 8:00 class three days a week and a later start on Tues. and Thurs., but my changes are a night class from 6-8:50 on Monday nights, and I also only have one class on Fridays (nice).  
I have been watching God do some awesome things through my current church Daystar; we have a college leadership team made up of college students and many of them have recently been experiencing financial difficulties as well as really seeking God and asking him to reveal to them how to create a sense of community within the college ministry.  God answered 2 prayers a couple of weeks ago.  A lady that doesn't go to Daystar called Allan, the head pastor, and said that she owned an apartment complex a few minutes from UNCG and she wanted to give the church one apartment for guys and one for girls free of charge so right there that takes care of our leadership team's financial difficulties as far as housing goes. THEN she said that she wanted to offer apartments (up to 200) specifically for college kids at Daystar to live in at a discounted rate ( 415 dollars a month for a four person apartment, fully furnished, washer and dryer, utilities super cheap-about 6 dollars a month per person, and cable and internet included) plus the price drops the more people that sign up for these apartments. So, this is a great opportunity to build community and it's a blessing that we are very excited about. 
We are also starting a midweek college worship service on Wed. nights but not till Feb. 22nd so until then we are doing game nights.  Last night, we played photo scavenger hunt which was awesome! 
So that's a lengthy wrap on what's been happening-Night!

No comments: