Saturday, October 4, 2008

Weekend in Review

I just returned from watching the play "Big River: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"put on by UNCG theatre and the UNCG School of Music. Honestly, I wasn't jumping up and down about going to see it-I was merely going because I got credit for one of my classes if I attended. But I actually enjoyed it. It was well done, very funny, and peaked my interest in reading the book by Mark Twain. I will definitely be going to more UNCG theatre productions.
I also enjoyed the several hours I got to spend outside in Foust Park today doing my work. The weather was amazing, it was quiet, and I observed the numerous squirrels racing around. Fall is probably my favorite time of year because it leads into my next favorite time of year which is Thanksgiving and Christmas. The beach has nice summer weather but one doesn't get to see the seasons change all that much, so I'm loving watching the trees change color and the nights and mornings get cooler here in Greensboro; I'm even hoping I'll get to see a little bit of snow later on in the winter :) And since UNCG doesn't have a football team (pout) I decided to watch the college game today between Kentucky and Alabama; Alabama won 14-17 (sorry Kentucky you were close).
I'll be finishing out the rest of my weekend by going to church tomorrow and then hitting the books again prepping for an exam in Geographic Information Science on Monday and a Cultural Anthropology midterm on Thursday-whoop, whoop! I can't wait for Fall Break!!!

No comments: