Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Something New...

I wanted to try something new when I got to college (that's what you're supposed to do right?)  so I decided to join the swim club.  I thought about swimming in high school but I was in my junior year about that time and trying out for the swim team with no previous experience wasn't gonna fly.  But swim club is different.  You can come in with no previous experience and learn the different strokes and techniques.  I'm really liking it and getting a pretty good cardio workout at the same time. However, I am a little bit apprehensive about competing BUT our first meet isn't until November so I'm hoping that's enough time to learn and prep.  
Practices are three times a week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and we have an early practice for beginner and intermediate swimmers and a late practice for advanced ones.  Let me just say, to all you lifeguards, Coast Guard rescue swimmers, and Michael Phelps out there, you're pretty much amazing and you have a God-given talent; I struggled with treading water tonight for three minutes with three 15 second intervals holding my hands above my head-I sank like a ROCK.  We did get to work on starting and diving off without starting blocks which was fun and not as hard as treading water. 
I feel like I've been treading water in my classes this week too. I have a midterm and an exam next week which I'm not very prepared for yet, and on top of that, I've got regular work to do for all my classes.  I cannot wait for this weekend so I can get caught up!
On a departing note, I shared a video of the song "Call my Name" by Third Day yesterday so tonight I'm going to share another video of another favorite song of mine-"True Love" by Phil Wickam.  Hope you like it too! Here's the link: Phil Wickham - True Love (The Wall)

No comments: