Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mismatch Day

This post is just a mismatch of items, no particular theme or cohesion.
I'm NOT liking one of my classes right now, as I sit here with a practical in front of me on Aeromagnetic interpretation.... yea, I know, aero-whooby-whaty?... that's what I say.
I DID however, enjoy venturing out in the blazing sun at midday, with no wind, and soaking humidity, for three hours, to collect soil samples for one of my classes.... no, really, it was fun.
I've been working about 5 days a week, 20 hours, which has been fantastic because that means I'm making some money, it also means I'm a bit tired at the end of the day.
I'm looking into planning a trip to Tasmania in May, I just need someone who wants to be my travel buddy!
I've been in Australia for exactly 1 month and 8 days.
I watched my first Rugby game (Queensland Cowboys vs. Brisbane Broncos) on tv last night. It took me about 20 min. to figure out what was going on; I liked it, but I did get a little frustrated because I kept comparing it to American football, don't do that. (Australians think that American football is very much a sissy sport, so DON'T compare it with rugby). Just a bit of terminology for you, Rugby is also referred to as football or footy, and here in Queensland they play Rugby League whereas in places like Melbourne, Rugby Union is more popular, the rules are different, so they are NOT the same thing. Watch it if you get the chance.
More vocab:
torch = flashlight
brekky = breakfast
There's more, I think of it at random times when I can't write it down.

Smiles from me and Abby to brighten your day.

2 comments:

Thodgson said...

What an adventure you are on!! I sure wish I could be your travel buddy. Take Care sweets

givinittogod247 said...

I love you Mrs. Tina! Congratulations on your sweet new baby boy :) Hope you are enjoying being a mommy of two, miss ya!