Monday, March 15, 2010

Keeping an Eye on Things

Found out yesterday that my internet quota for JCU runs out VERY quickly; we are allotted $2 dollars a month (it's a certain number of Megabytes) for incoming traffic on the internet, and after 8PM it's all free. Things like Skype and listening to K-Love online, run it down very quickly as I have discovered. So, I will be changing my internet usage patterns after I reloaded my account with $5 dollars to last me till April.
I had a bit of a rough day dealing with an issue related to a class I'm struggling with, the same class that has given me that ugly practical I mentioned in my last post. I went to see if I could drop the class only to find out I can't because it's already week 4 and they said I am too far into the semester to try and add another class and try to catch up; I could drop the class altogether and be left with 9 credit hours, but the Teaching Fellows commission would not be happy about that since I need to be taking 12 hours to comply with their academic policy. That leaves me with a class that I am desperately hoping and praying I do not fail, all I have to do is pass, that's it. I was really stressing about the whole thing this afternoon ( I can be a bit of a worrier over stuff that's really not that big of a deal), but then came to the realization, it's all gonna be okay, just take a deep breath. God's not gonna leave me high and dry, and in the scheme of things, there are much worse things I could be dealing with.
Townsville could very well be dealing with something worse by midweek; there is a large swirling mass off to the north east: Cyclone Ului. The currently Cat. 4 storm was originally forecasted to strike the Queensland coast somewhere between Mackay and Cairns (that puts Townsville in the middle....), but as of 5 hours ago, forecasters are saying it is 'unlikely' it will make a direct landfall; gale conditions are what they are currently predicting.

Thought I was done with the hurricanes, but the season here runs until April; just keeping an eye on things, don't anybody worry (AKA mom).


No comments: