Friday, February 20, 2009

The weekend is here!

Weekend! I'm very excited to be going on a retreat this weekend with the Daystar crew :) God has really been doing some amazing stuff in this college ministry and we know that He has even better things planned for us; a group of us gathered on Wed. night and spent 3 hours just praying; we prayed for our Wed. night service that starts next week, the retreat, we prayed for boldness, we prayed for emptiness of ourselves, we prayed that God would show himself to us and we also told Satan that he needs to back off!  Last night I got the opportunity to meet Kathy who is the head of children's ministry at Daystar and talk about some service opportunities in the church; I'm praying about it, but I think I may take a spot as a small group leader for the elementary school age group for 3rd-5th graders; I can't wait to get involved!
Spring Break will be here in 2 weeks and it's hard to believe that the semester is flying by as fast as it is; before I know it, it will be summertime :)  
Here are 2 more pics; the first one was taken at Christmas time at my grandparent's house.  The second one is Steven-look at how big his feet are! and his facial expression cracks me up too.



1 comment:

Nancy H. said...

Have fun in Myrtle Beach. Those are our (Dale and I) old stomping grounds. We had a beach house there growing up and I apent every summer there until I was 18. It is very different from the OBX. Have a great time and always pray!
Cute, cute pics!