Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Snow of the Winter!

Mr. Jack Frost brought us our first snowfall of the winter this weekend! My dad made a visit so me, Sadie, Steven, Dad, and some friends went shopping at the mall (Confession: I bought a pair of jeggings....Google it), and it was quite an adventure considering we weren't counting on dealing with all the snow! Steven texted me around lunchtime stating it was snowing and sure enough when I checked outside, it was coming down; it didn't stop for several hours so we ended up with about 2 inches according to the Weather Channel. I snapped some shots of the beautiful landscape outside our apartment as I was walking out the door to church this morning. There's just something about the magic and beauty of snow this time of year, love it.











Doing a quick backtrack to Thanksgiving, it was wonderful getting to hang out with family to cook and eat; mom said I did most of the cooking this year, but I'm pretty sure I was only able to do that because she was in the kitchen with me! :) Christmas will be upon us before we know it! On a sad note, I spent my last day with my 3rd graders on Friday, they were sad to see me leave and I was sad to go; I truly loved interning at that school, in that area, and in that grade; 3rd grade might be my new favorite :) We shall see what next semester holds.

No comments: