Monday, November 16, 2009

I can see the light!

Where in the world has the semester gone? Hard to believe this is the last full week before Thanksgiving break; after we return, we only have classes for one week before it's time for exams. Then I will be on a jet plane to Australia in February!  Crazy, crazy, crazy...
The weather is another item that has been crazy, crazy, crazy, particularly at home and in VA.  I've been looking at some video and pics and it looks like both the OBX and tidewater areas of VA got hit pretty hard with heavy rain and lots of flooding and over-wash. In Greensboro, it rained for about 3 days straight and we did have some flooding but nothing too major.  Now it's sunny and 70 degrees! (Sadie and I both agreed that Mr. Weather is forgetting to take his meds). 
Christmas will be here before we know it at the rate Thanksgiving is getting ready to sneak up on me; if you are looking for something to do that is going to reach out to others, do Operation Christmas Child!  This week is the last week for shoebox collection so you would need to jump on this quickly, but it is worth it and doesn't take alot of time.  If you want more info about OCC, here's the link to the website for Samaritan's Purse:  http://www.samaritanspurse.org/
It's a great project to do with kids as well.  

2 comments:

Will said...

I did Operation Christmas Child too. I did the EZ Give thing with the barcode...now I'll get an email saying where my box was delivered which is pretty cool!

givinittogod247 said...

That's awesome Will!