Saturday, November 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I love love love being home, especially around the holidays.  We did Thanksgiving at home this year, just the 4 of us which was really relaxing and laid back.  However, that didn't stop us from cooking enough food to last a week!  I've never been into cooking all that much but I've realized that it's probably a skill I should acquire so I stepped up to the plate and learned to cook/bake a few food items including biscuits (made from scratch), twice-baked potatoes, a carrot casserole (it's amazing), and a chocolate cake (made from scratch AND the icing was made from scratch too).  I had alot of fun being in the kitchen and learning from mom.  
Besides cooking and eating alot of food, we got to play scrabble as a family which created laughter galore and we also went to see "A Christmas Carol" on Wed.  I loved it, but I talked to a couple people who really disliked it.  I think one of the reasons I enjoyed it was due to the fact that I grew up watching "A Muppet Christmas Carol" at least a thousand times, plus I love Jim Carrey (his role as the Grinch is def. my favorite).  Today, Meg, Dad, and I went to see "The Blind Side", and I will give this one an A++.  I absolutely loved it!  Sandra Bullock did an amazing job and the movie wasn't just about football; it was really funny, and it was touching at the same time, plus you can't beat it being based on a true story.  I also enjoyed being able to shop and hang out with Cathy and Chris on Friday, and hang out with Cathy tonight.  I'm going to miss everyone when I leave next semester!
Back to the grind on Monday (it will be the week and a half of NO sleep) and then home for break on the 11th!
AND here are some pics from the week :)

The Cake!

The cake baker



Mom's apple pie

This was another challenge I took on

The fact that it was an I Spy didn't make it easier....

Mom has found the one plant she can't kill-Christmas Cactus






The Thanksgiving spread

No comments: