Saturday, October 10, 2009

Home

Feels like I have been gone from home for more than a month....more like 3 months.  Grateful for the sleep-in time, the dog-sleeping-with-me time, the drinking-coffee-and-watching-tv time, and the hanging-out-with-friends time.
I went out to dinner with best friend Cathy tonight and we went back to her house to play Super Nintendo; the last time I touched a video game console was proooooobably at least 5 years ago; we played Mario Brothers (made it to level 3?) and then I attempted (key word: attempted) to play Starfox which was a very popular game for me and Steve back in the days of the Nintendo 64.  Good stuff, good stuff.
Since I am going to Australia next semester, I was kind of contemplating buying a new camera.  However, I don't know if I can really afford to shell out $3oo when I have a $2,000 plane ticket to pay for. So, I took a closer look at the camera I have currently (Sony Cybershot) and realized that there is a ton of stuff on it that I didn't know about; partially because I lost the owner's manual several years ago.  I think if I mess with it a little, I can actually improve the quality of my shots.  Along with knitting, photography has been one of those hobbies I have always wanted to pick up, so I wouldn't mind taking a photography course online or at a community college somewhere in the distant future.  Part of the reason I fell in love with National Geographic is the photography (the articles were always super long anyway); I could spend hours sitting around, looking at the pictures in their magazines.  Photos carry so much weight, and many times, they speak louder than words.
I'll leave you with a few pics of my own that I have taken in the past. (The one I put at the top of my blog was taken a couple years ago when I lived in Kitty Hawk)  






1 comment:

Thodgson said...

Katie,
So glad to hear about your study abroad plans! You may be able to download the user manual at Sony's webpage: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DOCS&PRODTYPE=7

Miss you!
Tina