Thursday, August 13, 2009

Slowly Subtracting Children

As of today, mom will have one less child around the house! (Until I leave in a week, and then she will be minus 2 :)  Meg, Mom, and Dad left for Asheville around 11:30 this morning and Meg will move in to her dorm tom.  She doesn't have near as much stuff as I did when I went which is a good thing since mom traded in the suburban through the cash for clunkers program and got a Honda Fit (she loves it); the amount of storage space in it is just a liiitle less than the suburban.  
Steven Update: He will be the lone child around the house as of next Thursday and I think he's pretty excited about it; mom may have her qualms though (praying for no butting of heads between them and that he has a great senior year).  He has his first football scrimmage today, playing middle linebacker, so I hope things go super great with that. 
And me: Prepping to go back to Greensboro on the 20th, and also doing lotsa paperwork for my study abroad application which is due Sept. 15th.  It is going to be quite a busy year, but I am kinda glad I will only be at UNCG for one semester because that means second semester will be a little more lax.  
There is one movie and one book I have read and watched over the past couple of weeks that I have really enjoyed and would recommend (you will def. need a kleenex or two ).  "The Time Traveler's Wife" is the name of the book (the movie actually comes out on Friday and I can't wait!).  And the movie I watched today and yesterday is "P.S. I Love You" (which is also a book).  Both were really touching love stories and were written and produced quite well; it wasn't the same old love story that often gets repeated over and over.  

No comments: