Saturday, August 29, 2009

1st Week Complete

1st week of classes complete!  All of them I think are going to go pretty well even though it will most likely get a little crazy at some points.  Let me give you a brief rundown:

1. Earth and Environmental Science= Lecture class, 4 tests are 25% apiece which is 100% of my grade-plain and simple.

2.  Institutions of Education=The professor is awesome (plus his accent is pretty sweet because he is from Bermuda), this class will require alot of critical thinking but I think I will get alot out of it.

3.  Teaching as a Profession=The class is 3 hours long two days a week; on Tuesdays we will be interning at a local school and Thursdays is our lecture day (starting at 8AM.....).  I think it will be a good class overall.

4.  Judaism= The professor is very chill and other people who have taken him said he's really easy; I am taking the class with a good friend, Hailey, who is Jewish so she is here to help :)

5. The Reel World: Contemporary History on Screen=My last honors class; kinda annoyed because despite the fact this class does not carry a writing intensive marker, there are MUCHO amounts of writing involved. The other downer: it's a 3 hour class. BUT that being said, the topic is very interesting.

6.  Sophomore Teaching Fellows Class=piece of cake, hardly any work.

There's the rundown :)

No comments: