Sunday, June 7, 2009

Life

I am attempting to start blogging more now that I am home for the summer, but I am also in the process if getting used to working 6 days a week!  The weather is beautiful today and I'm the only one home so it is a great day off :)  My only issue is that I don't feel like I can afford the rest but I know I need it. The wedding season is in full swing; Cathy's bridal shower was last Saturday which was alot of fun (Thank you everyone for all the help!) and  yesterday was Rich and Lauren Coleman's wedding-it was beautiful, and I'm so happy for the both of them.  One wedding down, one to go!  Megan graduates from high school on Friday (crazy how fast life flies) so that is the next big event on the list; she will be going to UNC-Asheville in the fall.  And then my baby bro's last year of high school will be in progress!  
I believe I mentioned earlier on that I have learned how to knit, and I just finished my first project:  A scarf.  I am very excited because I always have trouble finishing things and I have actually learned something new :)  


Here it is modeled by me.

And here it is modeled by Roxy (ignore the background clutter)

I have also enjoyed being able to read for pleasure again; I have so far, finished "Piercing the Darkness" by Frank Peretti (amazing book, been reading it since October...)  and I read "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen (also pretty good).  Having time to do what you enjoy is great :)  

2 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Katie,

So good to see you blog again! I miss it when you do not update. You sure do have a lot going on lately...weddings, graduaations, bridal showers. I hope you take a little time off and enjoy the beach now that you are home!

Nancy

P.S. Speaking of baby names...don't you think Evan and EMily are very, very beautiful names?

givinittogod247 said...

I'm so glad that you are a follower of my blog Mrs. Nancy :) I will try and get to the beach eventually. Evan and Emily are two absolutely beautiful names!