Friday, April 24, 2009

Good thing this is college!

It's a good thing this is college because my mind changes ALOT.  My study abroad plans have changed AGAIN from Spain back to Australia.  After looking through my degree evaluation,  It's going to be very hard for me to go to Spain and only take Spanish classes because I will not be taking any education classes and I have no classes toward a religious studies concentration; it will be hard to convince the Teaching Fellows commission to go because I will not be taking any classes toward my teaching license/major, and I will be behind even if I take 19 hours a semester.  SO, that said, there is a four week trip to Spain that UNCG does in the summer that I may apply for next year because I still feel like I should pursue Spanish but I don't necessarily have to obtain a degree or minor to say that I know spanish.  My top two Australia choices remain at James Cook and Edith Cowan and I will be pursuing a concentration in geography (only 4 classes away from it) and a minor in religious studies (only 4 classes away).  All of my application stuff is do by September 15th so I'm in the process of collecting possible classes to take as well as looking for recommendations.  
Only 7 days of classes left before exams!  But that means little time to get alot of work accomplished and study.  The weather is making it easier though-70's and 80's and sunny.  
Here's a good Bible verse for you, we talked about it heavily on Wed. night at church and it has really transformed my mind:  "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship."  Romans 12:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Cathy again. It is good your in college but don't forget God does crazy things in your life no matter where your at in life. That verse you listed off I've heard all year(partly because it's my gned professors favorite verse). It's a good thing to keep in mind. Well I love you and can't wait to see you this summer...lots I hope!

Love ya always,

Cathy