Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Breather...Finally!

Finally, A breather!  With only 13 actual days of classes left, and exams coming up, school has been crazy.  I still cannot believe this semester (as well as freshman year) has flown by so fast.  I have already registered for classes for fall semester and am taking 19 credit hours so I will be quite busy.  The rundown currently is: Teaching Fellows class, Spanish 301, Teacher Education 250, Soc 335 Marriage and Family, ELC 381 The Institution of Education,  Rel. 225 Islam, and HSS 222 The Reel World: Contemporary History on Screen.  I think I have ended up changing my concentration and my minor around at least 3 or 4 times so as it stands now I remain an Elementary Ed. Major with a concentration in Religious Studies and a minor in Spanish.  I originally vowed to never take another spanish class BUT I think God has other plans (he always does :)  I will be studying abroad next spring and my original plan was to go to Australia but I think God may be calling me to go to Spain so that I can become pretty conversationally fluent in spanish; I know the vocab, grammar, rules, and I'm not too bad at writing it, but I cannot speak it well because I have never been put in a situation where it is the language I have to use so if I go somewhere like Spain, no one speaks English so I will be forced to use Spanish.  I also said I never wanted to go anywhere in Europe and the whole prospect of going somewhere with no english freaks me out a little, but if this is what God wants then so be it.  I just wish that he would put someone in front of me with a big sign that says Spain on it just so I would be sure, but I guess that's where faith comes in.      
As far as plans for the summer are concerned, I will be on the OBX for the entire summer as Lauren Lee is getting married in June, and Cathy is getting married in July; I will most likely be working at the same two places as last year-Capt'n Franks, and The Culinary Duck, so another year of tourists.  I will be home on May 13th for several days before leaving again to do a bus trip across North Carolina with all NC Teaching Fellows May 17th-22nd.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl this is SO exciting!!! I have to say I'm a little jealous your going to Spain(maybe I can convince Chris so we can come follow you) haha just kidding you need your time. Well I love you bunches and I am super excited for you!!!