Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Thoughts

Okay, so I really had no plans to watch the royal nuptials of Prince William and Kate M. I'd barely been listening to all the media coverage that has been constant since the couple's engagement. People were talking about waking up at 4AM to start watching coverage of the ceremony, and I was thinking 'Y'all are crazyyy'. Then late last night I was like 'What the heck, I'll wake up for the thing'; I asked my soon-to-be step-mom when the thing really started because in my words 'If I'm gonna waste sleep over history then I want to cut to the chase and skip all the pre-gaming.'
So I snapped awake this morning at 5:30, clicked on the TV and got sucked in. Yep, I was mesmerized even as all the royal family was arriving. I don't know, maybe I just felt like there was something slightly magical about the whole thing, just slightly.
I fell in love with Kate's dress (and her sister, Pippa, looked stunning in her dress as well), and my favorite moment was when Kate got to the altar and William turned to her and you could tell he was letting her know she looked beautiful; both were flashing smiles at each other, definitely a sweet moment. I thought the two kisses (first time there were two) they gave on the balcony were perfect. I was very pleased and glad I decided to lose the sleep and watch the whole thing. That is all. Cheerio :)



Source: Foxnews.com

No comments: