Saturday, April 2, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip MultiGrain Waffles w/ Peanut Butter

I know my last 2 posts have been recipes... but food and cooking is amazing! My blog becomes a recipe archive for me in case I can't find one I want to make :) So here's another one for ya:

Banana Chocolate Chip MultiGrain Waffles w/ Peanut Butter
This one resulted from me using up several things I had in the pantry.

- I used a pre-made pancake/waffle mix where you just add water but you could use your own mix recipe if you have one. So, just make that mix like you would normally.
- I also had a dry cereal that is a combination of grains, soy, and flaxseed, to add some fiber and healthiness to the pre-made mix; I added in 1/4 cup of that. You could use plain flaxseed or bran if you had it on hand.
- Then, after I combined my pre-made mix with the dry cereal and water, I added in 1/4 c. chocolate chips. You can add in as little or as much chocolate chips as you want. I add them so there is just enough in the batter, so the waffles won't be too rich.
- After you mix the choco chips in, grab that ripe banana or two that is sitting in your fruit bowl and mash them up. Add that mash to your batter and mix to make sure everything is combined. Again, you can add in as little or as much banana as you want. I don't like to be overwhelmed with the taste of banana so I used one banana for about 1 & 1/4 c. of dry mix.
- Now, it's time to cook those waffles (you could do this with pancakes if you so desire).
- Take warm waffles and spread with peanut butter (I use a peanut butter that is low in sodium and sugar, so the waffles are not too sweet w/ the peanut butter).
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Faith, Hope & Lovebugs said...

YUMMY! I was just thinking about using banana in our pancakes the other day. Thanks for sharing!!