Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good Times

Now, my assessment of the dining hall at the Combined Catholic Colleges is a positive one (and not just cause I work there...), I think I'd give it about an 8 out 10 compared to a 5 or 6 for UNCG. The biggest reason for the difference is that UNCG is feeding how ever many students live on campus, while here, they feed around 300 students. And CCC upped their game even more last Friday for the Bishop's Dinner (named as such since the bishop of the Townsville diocese makes a visit) by providing some pretty amazing food, plus getting dressed up and taking lots of pics were added bonuses :) I've made friends with some pretty amazing people!


Seriously, this girl to the left is craaazy


Let's pet Valentina


What did I tell ya


Serious pics with Rachel, I think not never






Def. my favorite of the night


Finally, just smiles :)

Academically, I've gotten beyond the point of being sick and tired of classes so now, I go to my lectures whether I want to or not and I just grit my teeth, forget about sleep, and just do my assignments; I've gone through alot of different stages since I've been here (P.S. if you're considering studying abroad, and they tell you about culture shock, and you think 'pshhh culture shock, it's not gonna happen to me' (like I did.....for some odd reason) you're WRONG), it really has been a good learning experience for me; the biggest change I've seen in myself is that I'm way more relaxed-at home I tend to be very uptight about my studies, but here I've made the time to hang out with people, enjoy it, and not worry so much about the work. Hopefully I'll take that mindset home with me.... and still do all of my schoolwork of course.
Skydiving mission is ON for the weekend of the 15th-pretty excited about jumping out of a perfectly good airplane at 11 or 14,000 feet (haven't decided which height yet).

No comments: