Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Billabong Wildlife Sanctuary

Who doesn't love cute (well most of them are cute) Aussie critters? I went to Billabong Wildlife Sanctuary in Townsville a couple of weeks ago with my friend Shane, and we had a great time visiting with the animals. I'd have to say the highlights for me were getting to hold an Olive Python ( I LOVED snakes as a kid and still do), and meeting up with the kangaroos.


Sleepy Koala


One of the top 3 deadliest snakes in the world, I believe this one is the coastal Taipan


Another top 3 deadly snake, the Brown Snake


And the last of the top 3 deadly snakes, the inland Taipan


Water Buffalo (did you know there are actually 2 different types of water buffalo? You can tell by their horn shape)


Lunch time for the crocs


Yep, it was love at first sight





Check out this fella, the wombat looks like how I feel sometimes


The koalas really were cute














I was absolutely fascinated with the joey hanging out in there, mom decided it was bath time


check out that gut! I mean she DOES have an excuse


I'm ready for my closeup


These guys really liked being all up in my grill


I'd say that's a pretty good paint job, one of my favorite colors


Was a little bit nervous to get too close to the fence with this big fella


I like this one with the Kookaburra in the background








Wouldn't want to be swimming with this guy

No comments: