Monday, April 19, 2010

Music Memories

I was listening to K-Love today and heard the song, "Shout to the Lord"; it took me back to my childhood days ( I know that makes me sound like I'm ancient....), attending Talbot Bible Church in Easton, MD.
There are other songs I hear and get a wave of nostalgia, even certain artists take me back to the days spent riding around in our beat up blue Volvo.
Between me, Megan and Steven, our favorite cassette tape (yiiiiikes....) was "Songs from the Loft"; it was a worship project put together by Amy Grant and Gary Chapman, but it had a variety of artists on it including Michael W. Smith, Donna McElroy, Susan Ashton, Wes King, Amy Delaine, Kim Hill, and Michael James. I totally want to purchase it in CD form (it's available on Amazon.com if you are as interested as I am) and stock it away till I can pull it out for my kid's listening enjoyment. I would highly recommend it to parents :)
So we have "Songs from the Loft":
Other top tapes in our house growing up included anything Wee-Sing (Wee Sing Bible, Wee Sing Christmas, Wee Sing Silly Songs...):



We had a series of classical music tapes geared towards giving kids an intro to classical music; the titles included "Beethoven Lives Upstairs", Hallelujah Handel", "Tchaikovsky Discovers America", "The Magic Flute", "Mr. Bach Comes to Call", and one involving Vivaldi. We loved them all.


These all bring back many fond memories and I would highly recommend them if you work with kids or are around kids and are looking for some listening material!

No comments: