Friday, September 19, 2008

College Life-advice, what I've learned, and other randomness.

College is definitely harder than high school. Sharing a room with someone else is NOT weird (it's fun :) Good reading and note-taking skills are essential. When mom suggests you bring it, bring it. DO NOT forget an umbrella. Meals in the caf are interesting-every dish has a different name with the same ingredients (rice, tomatoes, carrots, a UFO or two...) UNCG Teaching Fellows are amazing. Do not buy books from the school bookstore-check out Amazon or Half.com first. Things in the on-campus stores are two to three times as expensive as a regular grocery store, so stock up before hand. Time management will make life much easier. I miss my dog....alot. Never assume. Be proactive. If you have the urge to smoke DO NOT do it blowing smoke and ash in my face while I'm walking on the sidewalk behind you (Lung cancer from secondhand smoke is not where I want to be in the next fifty years). Legally, pedestrians have the right away BUT, as I said, never assume. Build friendships and get plugged into a church-it's important. Take advantage of the gym-it's like a YMCA but it's free!

No comments: